Monday, January 2, 2012

Chalk Board Wine Glasses

Around the holiday's I really get into DIY projects, I love making gifts for friends that you can not necessarily buy in stores. This year I made my best friend a set of four Chalk Board wine glasses for her and her boyfriend ( now fiance's) new apartment. It was incredibly simple and fun to make- I now have an addiction to chalk board paint!


Here are the steps to making your own:


Chalk Board Spray Paint
Painters Tape
Wine Glasses



I put down newspaper to minimize the mess. Then wrap the painters tape approx 1/4 the way up the glass stem, and cover the rest with a paper towel or napkin to keep excess paint out. Spray one coat of paint and let dry (approx 2-3 hrs) then spray another coat and let them sit over night.

*Please note these can only be hand washed.


No comments:

Post a Comment